A primary care physician, or PCP, is a doctor who provides first contact to patients with undiagnosed medical issues and ongoing care for various medical conditions. To be considered a primary care physician, a PCP must have MBBS, MD, or DO degrees.
Primary care physicians offer a non-surgical and basic diagnosis for common conditions and illnesses. The PCP diagnoses the patient and collects information about the current symptoms, past medical history, and other health details. They also perform a physical exam.
A PCP is a highly trained physician who can interpret results from blood samples or other patient samples and x-rays. A specialist is recommended if you require complex or intensive diagnostic procedures. You can find the best Gilbert primary care doctors and physicians through https://primedirecthealth.com/.
Image Source: Google
A PCP is a trusted, ongoing relationship that you can have with one doctor over time. You can choose from a variety of PCPs depending on your specific condition.
- Pediatricians are trained to care for and treat infants, children, adolescents, and newborns. They have completed a pediatric residency.
- Obstetricians/gynecologists: They are the PCPs for women, especially pregnant women.
- Family Practitioners: These practitioners provide care for both children and adults of all ages. They can perform minor surgery.
- Internists These care providers can care for adults of all ages with various medical conditions.
- Nurse practitioners and physician assistants: These practitioners have completed a different training program and are certified. They are often called physician extenders.