Advantages of Monoclonal Antibodies
As well as long-term yield, monoclonal antibodies are ideal for use in many biological assays and applications for a number of reasons, including:
• They are easier to standardize than polyclonal antibodies due to their much higher consistency between batches, which is important in clinical studies or therapeutic applications, for example.
• High specificity for one epitope reduces background noise in the analysis due to lower cross-reactivity; and
• Selection – specific epitope and affinity and immunoglobulin subclass (eg IgG1, IgG2, etc.) can be selected.
• Can be used to study specific antigen domains. To know more about monoclonal antibodies, you can also navigate https://www.bosterbio.com/featured-products.
Image Source: Google
• The homogeneity of monoclonal antibodies is very high compared to polyclonal antibodies. If the experimental conditions were kept constant, the monoclonal antibody results were highly reproducible between trials.
• High specificity makes it very effective for binding to antigens in mixtures of bound molecules, eg in affinity purification.
• Hybridomas serve as a lasting source of monoclonal antibodies.
• The same antibody quality is maintained in different production lots.
• Highly reproducible and scalable, unlimited production sources.
• Speed and sensitivity and specificity of analysis.
• Can produce antibodies if needed.
• You don't have to worry about raising animals.
• Antigens or immunogens do not have to be pure.
• Selection helps identify the correct clone against a specific antigen